Friday was bad, but Monday was no better. Georgia public companies took a hit again on the Dow Jones Industrial Average as it tanked 588 points following Friday’s plunge of 531 points.
The top 10 decliners according to the Atlanta Business Chronicle were:
- EarthLink Holdings Corp. (Nasdaq: ELNK), which sank 8.4 percent
- NCR Corp. (NYSE: NCR), falling 7.8 percent
- Neenah Paper Inc. (NYSE: NP), off 6.5 percent
- Beazer Homes USA Inc. (NYSE: BZH), which slid 6.3 percent
- PulteGroup Inc. (NYSE: PHM), down 6.3 percent
- SunTrust Banks Inc. (NYSE: STI), off 5.9 percent; pest control giant Rollins Inc. (NYSE: ROL), down 5.6 percent
- Equifax Inc.(NYSE: EFX), off 5.6 percent
- HD Supply Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: HDS), down 5.5 percent
- Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN), off 5.4 percent.
Larger company losses include UPS, the Home Depot, and Coca-Cola Co. alongside Delta Air Lines Inc.
Only three Georgia companies saw an increase on Monday:
- Mueller Water Products Inc.
- AGL Resources Inc. (soon to be part of Southern Co.)
- Schweitzer-Maudit International Inc.